TE Connectivity / Raychem Brand
TE Connectivity Raychem brand was acquired by Tyco International in 1999. The original name of the company was RayTherm Wire and Cable and changed names as it was being confused with Raytheon. It was founded in 1957 as Raychem Corporation in Menlo Park, California.
The company’s founding technology was wire and cable that used radiation cross-linked polymer insulation targeted at military and aerospace applications, and was the first known use of radiation chemistry for commercial products. Raychem also invented heat-shrinkable tubing targeted at electronic applications.
In 1980, Raychem Corporation was on the Fortune 500 list for the first time and had expanded distribution to over 30 countries. By the time they were acquired in 1999, they were operating in over 60 countries and company sales exceeded $2 billion. Raychem patented many breakthrough technologies, their inventions include PolySwitch PPTC circuit protection devices, and the touchscreen.
TE Connectivity Raychem brand manufactures products for major market segments including aerospace and defense, automotive, telecommunications, energy networks, consumer electronics and transportation.